Tuesday 11 December 2012

That's it, damnit.

I'm a teacher.  That's not what this is all about but it is something you need to know.  Background information.

This last Friday (December the 7th?) was my last day of teaching for the year.  I don't really "party" that hard when I'm in a school term because I find teaching so full on that I really need both days of the weekend to just chill out before another five-day onslaught.  However, I am now at the end of my first year of teaching and I have six weeks to chill out.  Basically, I want to really make the absolute most of those six weeks.  That's why I've decided to blog about the six weeks. So that I can remember what I actually did.  If I have to write about every day then I'll want to make every day interesting enough to write about.  That's my way of making my holidays fun.  But here's the twist: I'm also giving up smoking.

I'm giving up smoking.

I'm not sure if this has much meaning to many people but for me it's quite a big deal.  So what I'm really trying to do with this blog is to try and do interesting things every single day of my holiday SO THAT I DON'T HAVE TO SMOKE.  Because smoking makes me do nothing.  Smoking cigarettes is stupid and pointless and I've decided that I no longer WANT to smoke cigarettes and that I no longer NEED to smoke cigarettes.  So here goes.

I don't know if I will be able to do this.  The only reason I've even been able to type this is because I haven't had a cigarette in 3 days and that's the longest i've been without a cigarette in years.  I'm still pretty nervous about the whole thing.

So anyway, this blog for the next 5 weeks will be devoted to all the things that are not smoking cigarettes.  It'll be everything that I have been doing and how healthy AND FIT I am feeling.  That's another thread that will be all through this blog as the summer progresses. My fitness.  In fact, I'm going to make a list:

- giving up smoking cigarettes
- partying a lot (without smoking cigarettes)
- getting a tan!
- Stephanie moving in.  (my girlfriend is moving in and I'll probably mention it)
- keeping fit  (and talking about my new tramping boots)
- the amazing places I am visiting
- walks that I am doing.
- any op-shopping that I manage to get done.
- maybe a little on any music stuff that I'm doing that I think is awesome.
- my facial hair (probably.  cos it's pretty awesome and experimental)

It's wednesday morning now.  But I have Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday to recap.  I will do this in the morning.  Right now, It's time for bed.   Sorry about the text-based entry.  It'll start getting more pictury from tomorrow.

xo Anthony

PS.  To you who are reading this, you are probably one of a very small amount of people who are reading this so any encouraging comments are very welcome.  Don't be shy!  Just a quick "you can do it"  would be enough.  Though there are points for originality.

3 comments:

gianna said...

Gee whiz, that is awesome that you're now a non smoker! CONGRATULATIONS!

Jenna said...

CONGRATS Anthony! You can do it! I'm so excited to read what your write. X

Luci Mac said...

Yay Anthony! Stu and JT told me you were blogging regularly again and it is SUCH A TREAT <3