Saturday 15 December 2012

14/12/12: Shifting an Organ, and Morrissey.

As I mentioned in my last post, John is leaving Wellington.  I am going to miss him.  Not only is John an amazing multi-instrumentalist (Drums, Guitar, Bass, Keys - anything else you throw at him), he is also a wonderful person.  Perhaps it's his unique sense of humour.

On this day John was moving his things out of his flat.  He asked me to help him move some of his possessions out to Chris-and-Emma's place in Titahi Bay where it could stay till he was able to move it to Dunedin.

It was mainly this organ
that he needed help with.

We borrowed Jim-and-Claire's car (towbar), and got a trailer.  We also had Jim-and-Claire's dog Tui with us for the fun.



That evening, Logan and I attended the Morrissey concert at the Town Hall.  It was a religious experience. 


He played for 90 minutes.  Amongst the set of his solo stuff were six Smiths songs (Shoplifters of the World Unite, How Soon is Now, I Know it's Over, Please Please Please let me Get What I Want, Meat is Murder, and Still Ill).  Significant tingles occurred in the vicinity of my spine during I Know it's Over.





No comments: