Thursday 13 December 2012

12/12/12: Big Walk

This was originally going to be a review of an app called MapMyHike, but will not be any more.

I downloaded the aforementioned app and decided to go on a whopper walk to test it out.  Basically, it maps where you've been using GPS and gives you all sorts of statistics about our walk, such as graphing the ups and downs, and telling you how many calories you burn.

This was all awesome until my phone ran out of battery four hours into my walk.   DOH!

Anywho, here's a map of my walk that I made on google maps:


The walk started up near the Brooklyn wind turbine, continued south over the hills to the old war bunkers above Red Rocks, down to Red Rocks, around the coast to Owhiro Bay, up Happy Valley to Brooklyn and back to the car.    It was a total of 23km and I knocked it off in four and a half hours.

I was buggered by the end.

Here are some photos:



I wasn't really able to take much more than that due to the whole phone running out of battery thing.

No comments: